Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Norah News: Smarty Shoes

When I arrive to pick Norah up, she always runs and points at her ‘paper’ – her daily report card, letting me know what she did. Sometimes, she even says something that sounds like ‘paper’. Yesterday was no different, (except that she had a sticker for trying to potty) Her teacher and I were laughing at how cute she was, when the teacher offered up “Norah is really smart” (My chest swells with pride) She had a couple of examples, but my favorite one had to do with shoes. Thinking about it some more, Norah does have a thing for shoes…

In any case, the kids all have water shoes for when they go outside for “Water Play” some have crocs, some have sandals, and some have those funny looking ones. Apparently, when they are getting the kids ready for water time, they line all the shoes up in a row. I guess Norah has taken it upon herself to hand out everyone’s shoes – and she manages to get the right shoes matched up with the right kid! The funniest part of the story is that yesterday, her classmate Blake was still asleep on his cot when they started getting ready. I guess Norah took his shoes over to him and placed them next to him on his cot.

I never cease to be amazed

No comments:

Post a Comment