Sunday, January 31, 2010

Norah's New Hobby - Baking!

As often happens when we visit with either set of grandparents, we realized Norah was capable of a little more than we realized, this time in the kitchen. Just before Christmas, Matt and I ran out to run a few errands, and this is what we came back to... in case you don't recognize this, it's Nanny and Norah cleaning up after their pie making adventure.


Norah got a couple of aprons, and some toy baking equipment for Christmas, so I've really tried to take this new interest and run with it! In addition to being really fun, it also makes getting things done in the kitchen much easier, and much more enjoyable. Norah get so excited when I ask her if she wants to bake! She runs to (try) to get the stool, and one of her aprons, and "I do it" and "own" are oft-heard phrases! She very literally squeals in delight, leading Matt to say that he's never seen her so excited about anything! I'm not sure it's so great for my waistline, but it sure is fun!

She doesn't discriminate either... Matt was on pick-up and supper duty the other night, and I came home to find them both hard at work getting dinner together. Here are a few pictures of her new culinary skills!


No comments:

Post a Comment