Monday, March 8, 2010

Nanny Dot's Birthday!

My Nanny Dot, Norah's only living Great-Grandmother had a birthday this past weekend. It snuck up on me, like it always does, in early March! I have a really neat card here for her, yes, that's right, here, in MA, not in her hands, mailbox, or on the way. My bad, to be sure, but I did have a couple of great chats with her this past week, and a couple of really good laughs. There is lots of good things going on with my family these days, and Nanny Dot is one of them - she's had a rough year, including selling her house, that my grandfather built, moving out a lifetime of belongings, and worst of all, a round of chemo. But the good news is the move to a Seniors housing complex seems to have suited her social nature and she's on the other side of the chemo now, and starting to look and feel like her old self... take a look!
In the interst of giving credit where credit is due, my Dad took this picture. I wasn't home to join them for the birthday dinner, but my tech-savvy Dad had these pics on the wire seemingly moments after returning home - thanks Dad!

This other picture is of Nanny Dot and her daughter, my Mom. Mom's been on the front line with all the changes with Nanny this past year, and while it hasn't always been easy, I'm pretty sure they're all in a good place these days - they sure look great, don't they??? Love ya guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment