Thursday, March 4, 2010

No Diaper Mommy

My little girl is gone to school today without a diaper. I knew, no, hoped this day would come, but to be honest it took me a little by surprise. We've been talking potty for some time now and having various degrees of success, but I didn't think she was quite ready to go big with it. She had other ideas. She knows Hannah (the little girl in the potty book) has panties, and I guess she decided she wanted them too.
This morning, when I went in to get her up, we did our usual snuggle/chat routine, and then I went to change her diaper before we headed out for breakfast. I should not that she's been increasingly reluctant about this start-of-the-day diaper change, but this morning really took the cake. She kept saying, "No Diaper Mommy, No Diaper!" and went so far as to take off the one that I had muscled on to her. Now, my approach all along with the potty training has been to give her the information, and follow her lead - I guess this was a message?
I don't know for sure, but time will tell. I let her teachers know (and apologized in advance!) so it will be interesting to see how the day goes. Wish us luck!
Edited 3/5/10 to Add: Well she lasted about an hour from when I dropped her off, or about 2.5 hours total. I guess she was standing on the play structure and said "I pee" and she did. She was quite upset about it, and the teacher tried to make her feel ok about it. Needless to say last night's learning was about 'accidents'!

No comments:

Post a Comment