Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Rod's Baptism

On November 21, we had Rod's Baptism. It was no small feat to get a quorum of family members present to share his special day, but we managed! As I mentioned previously, we had both sets of grandparents and one sibling from each side, who are his Godparents. We were happy to be able to entertain our families at our home! The only problem was that with both granmothers there, I never knew who to hand Roddie off to! Both Nanny and Oma were very nice about sharing their Roddie time, In a funny coincidence, both Nanny and Oma showed up in essentially the same outfit! In real life, the colors seemed much closer.
My sisters and I have made a habit of surprises, and also of sharing big events. Maybe it's a function of the distance between us all, or maybe we all inherited a funny gene somewhere along the way, but this time was no different. My sister Erin announced her engagement to her significant other, Eric. Well, maybe not so much announced as subtly flashed her ring around. Well, maybe not so subtly... in any case, we're thrilled for them. I've long thought they were a good match and I am very happy that they are 'going legit' Here's a picture of them with Roddie, perhaps a glimpse of things to come? I hope so, Eric had such a great way with Norah that I think he'll be a great dad when the time is right.
Norah of course, was a big sister extraordinaire. She did a great job of sharing her toys when all of her cousins were at the house, and behaved very well in church, and all weekend. Of course, it didn't hurt that Father Peter, who knows Norah by name, made a point of including her in some of the proceedings. Norah actually told him at one point, in front of everyone, that "I already had my baptism"Here's a picture of Roddie and all his mothers an fathers - Grandfather Opa, Grandmother Oma, Godfather Uncle Mike, Roddie, Matt, Me, Norah, Godmother Auntie Erin, Grandmother Nanny and Grandfather Papa.
We also had some other, very special attendees - our 7 o'clocker friends Alice and Denis, Bob and Anne, and Lorraine all joined us. We've been regularly attending 7 am mass on Sunday's since I was pregnant with Norah and we've become friends with these folks over the past couple of years. We really enjoy having them in our lives and were honored that they were able to join us.
Lastly, I took the opportunity to take a family picture for our Christmas cards while we were all spiffed up

No comments:

Post a Comment