Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday Fun: Sled Mountain and Snowshoes!

A bunch of kids and parents from the neighbourhood came over to Sled Mountain again this Sunday - fun was had by all, but most kids were a little younger than Norah and didn't last all that long.  As a result, by the time I got Rod fed and ready to join the fun, they were packing up.  Not to worry, the four of us stayed outside for a while and had a great time.  Here's Norah, the Cool Dude
 Here's me and Roddie - not quite a cool, but enjoying ourselves nonetheless
I decided it was high time Roddie got to see the view from the top of Sled Mountain, so I headed up, with him still strapped to my chest, and Norah trailing closely behind.  Of course, once you get up, there is only one way down - yes, I slid down on my bum with him.  I think of this picture as "Climbing our own Everest"
This one I call my SuperMom pose - 2 kids, on top of the 'mountain' which is so high you can see the power lines in behind!

 Whew, all that mountain climbing was tough work!

Lastly, before we all ran out of steam and Roddie got too cold, we pulled out the snowshoes that Aunt Erin and Uncle Eric got Norah for Christmas - I put mine on too, to show her how it's done!  She picked it up no problem, and we had a great time shoe'ing around the backyard

1 comment: