Friday, April 29, 2011

Norah News: The Royal Wedding

I hadn't really made plans to watch today's Royal Wedding of Prince William to Kate Middleton.  But as a subject of the Commonwealth, and having remembered Chuck and Di's wedding so many years ago, I tuned in shortly after I got up this morning.  Moments later, Norah was up and I invited her to come sit with me and see a real life princess. 

I'm not sure if the Disney notion of what a princess looks like has jaded her or if it was some kind of divine intervention, but she has it in her head that the two people getting married on the TV are Mary and Joseph.  No matter what I said to her, she would still ask "Where is Mary".  After a few tries I gave up, letting her believe whatever she wanted, because isn't that the nature of little girls and princesses?  She also had a few comments about the "farm buggy" they used to make their get-away.  I guess that was some kind of farm!

I think the pomp and circumstance did have some effect on her however, as she made a good case for wearing one of her own princess outfits to school (maybe just the shoes then??) We settled on a tutu over her clothes - after all it's Kate and Will's wedding!

No comments:

Post a Comment