Monday, April 4, 2011

Roddie Report: Loves Elmo!

Roddie has always been easily distracted when it comes to eating - I couldn't nurse him easily anywhere that wasn't very private, unlike Norah, who I could nurse pretty much anywhere.  He is very easily distracted by pretty much anything, and to this day we take him into the bedroom, away from all the toys and distractions to give him a bottle.

It turns out even the kids room is no longer distraction free - Roddie has a thing for the big Elmo book!  He literally will try to leap out of our arms to get at the book!  Last night, while wrestling with him while he tried to get to the book I realized I don't read to him nearly as often as I read to Norah at his age, so I decided to just give in and read the book to him.   He LOVED it! He started laughing and cooing at the book, and then - get this - he started making smooching noises at Elmo!  It was adorable!  Needless to say,I think we've just added a new thing to the bedtime routine!

No comments:

Post a Comment