Sunday, October 23, 2011

Sunday Outing

We went to a "Touch the Truck" event at a local ice-cream-stand-turned-amusement park.  Touch the Truck is an opportunity for kids to see fire trucks, dump trucks, school buses, police cars, snow plows and the likes up close and personal.  In fact they are even allowed to climb in and over the vehicles and really take a good look at them.  I took Norah to one 2 years ago, and she really wasn't into it.  She was a lot more interested this time around, though she still doesn't like the sirens and horns. 

Roddie, on the other hand, was in heaven. He was beside himself he was so excited when he'd sit in a tractor or truck with Matt and try out the driver's seat.  I continue to be amazed at at the number of more typically male pursuits that Rod is really drawn to.  He also took his first swings at a baseball (ok, it was a plastic T-ball set...) today and was pretty excited about that as well.

Sadly, I didn't realize I had my phone/camera with me until after we were all trucked out.  However, we were in a really nice setting and the kids looked adorable in their church clothes, so I belatedly tried to get a few shots.







No comments:

Post a Comment