Monday, October 17, 2011

Vegetables, who needs vegetables?

The "Fancy Tower" taken with my iphone
I've recently returned from a trip to Paris - ooh la la Fancy Nancy might say, but it really wasn't as exciting as you might think.  Note I said *I* just returned, not *we* just returned... it was a business trip.  I was gone, to another country, in another timezone from Sunday afternoon until Friday evening, and Matt was on his own with the kids.  Oh yeah... did I tell you he had a huge deadline at work while I was gone and we found out Norah broke her arm the day before I left? 

Apparently they managed without me, though from all reports, no one ate a single vegetable the whole time I was gone.  Oh well, the kids were clean and happy, the house was tidy, and Matt appeared to be in one piece when I got back home on Friday.  This was the longest I'd been away from the kids, ever... or Matt either for that matter, and I missed them terribly.  With a little help fro our neighbour Megan, and an all nighter on Matt's part, we all survived the week.

Work wise, the trip was a bust, but you gotta admit there is something cool about seeing the Eiffel Tower or the L'arc de Triomphe when you leave a restaurant.

I didn't even suffer too much from jet-lag, either coming or going.  Turns out a teething toddler is good training for international travel and the prolonged lack of sleep in the weeks leading up to my trip really paid off.  All that being said, I'm not anxious to travel for a full week again any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment