Friday, April 5, 2013

Cousin Chaos 2013- the Easter Edition

We had a great trip to Matt's parents house for Easter.  As usual, the extended family came over on Saturday evening for the egg hunt and dinner.  All the other usual highlights were there too, painting the eggs, prepping for the dinner, though I didn't take many pictures this year.  The kids are getting a little older and I must admit, the chaos was a little more controlled this year than others - could be the time they spent outside after dinner running off steam sugar.  It's a big change from the first Easter I spent with them, 8 years ago.  I was doing "too good" a job of hiding eggs for the then very young grandkids.  This year, I was hard pressed to find adequate hiding spaces in the same outdoor space now that all the cousins are getting taller and smarter!

I think Norah had the most fun of all the cousins.  There are 4 of them within a year in age, 3 are girls and they really have a lot of fun together, including trying to keep up with the big kids.  Norah was absolutely shining she was so happy (and I"m not just talking about her dress either!) 

Roddie had the whole egg thing figured out this year - go Rod!

My two favorite egg-hunters

Most of the paternal cousins - Olivia, Abigail, Norah, Katelyn, Ella, Adam, Roddie, Brian, Morgan, Bryce, Chad, and Shannon (with baby bump expected in May!)

No comments:

Post a Comment