Thursday, September 10, 2009

Norah News: Lockup!

While my earlier post today may leave you a little melancholy, this one will surely have you giggling, as most of Norah's antics tend to.

We were going about our usual morning routine, when Norah decided to head into the bathroom, which she often does. She started playing with the door, which she occasionally does. Then she locked herself in - first time for everything.

I was in a bit of a panic, and at one point thought I may have to literally bust the door down. I tried coaching her about how to open the lock, with limited success (she fiddled with the lock, but didn't open it) I tried a paperclip, I tried jiggling, to no avail. After a few minutes, Norah's cries of "Mama" started to become a little more urgent.

I ran out to the kitchen to get the phone to call Matt (what I expected he would do, I don't know) and frantically looked around, for a second time. For whatever reason, I grabbed a steak knife, which thankfully did the trick. Norah walked out like absolutely nothing had happned.

No comments:

Post a Comment