Friday, September 18, 2009

To Swim or Not to Swim


That is the question! I’ve been struggling with whether or not to sign Norah and I up for swimming lessons again. Granted, I’m probably over thinking things, but it is what it is.

On the one hand, she LOVES the water, and we were really fortunate to get to the lake a couple of times a week. As a result, she’s doing really well, she’s really comfortable in the water, and getting really close to going solo (with water wings). I don’t want her to have to start all over again.

On the other hand, Saturdays are the only day of the week that we don’t have to get up and out the door by 8:30 or earlier, and I’ll be honest – I like the break! Our current work situations are such that I’m on Norah duty in the morning, and also most evenings during the week. It’s also a nice time for Matt and Norah to synch up and cuddle in front of Tom and Gerry cartoons. Swimming lessons only last 30 minutes and cost enough that I really hate to miss one. (though, I already did, since it started last week!) Then, it’s my favorite time of the year – cooler days, falling leaves, pumpkins and apples – all sorts of good family fun to be had. I also have a lot of things coming due in the next 2 months for work and may need to put in some extra time in the coming weeks to get it done.

As often happens, I wasn’t really sure where this blog post would lead me. I see that the “other hand” paragraph is a lot longer than the “one hand” paragraph, which leads me to believe that maybe we should take a pass on swimming lessons for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment