Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Missed Blog-iversary!

I can't believe I missed my 2-year Blog-iversary! August 6, 2008 I began sharing my thoughts on working motherhood, Norah's progress and a variety of other topics. Sometimes it was therapeutic for me, sometimes it was an easy way to share news with my family, sometimes it was a way to document a milestone of some sort for future posterity. 379 posts later, we're anxiously awaiting Brudder's arrival!

Ironically, one of my very first posts was about my grandparents, whose 69th wedding anniversary would be tomorrow, August 11th. August 11th always had some good memories - we often got together with extended family to celebrate the love Nanny and Papa shared, as well as the many summer birthdays among my 20 paternal cousins (one in particular, of course - you know who you are!) We never went back to school until after Labor Day, so there still seemed to be plenty of summer left. Often the ocean, that had been warming all summer, got kicked up by some off-shore storm as hurricane season began, resulting in great surf and a lot of fun for us at the beach where we spent so much time.

So Brudder, having missed the Blog-iversary, Nanny's birthday, and the somewhat auspicious 8-9-10, how about doing your Mom a favor and showing up on the 11th? It's a good day, and my family has a history of sharing dates - anniversaries on Halloween, birthdays on Valentines Day, weddings on Birthdays and birthdays on anniversaries

Besides, I think everyone is getting tired of my blog posts about waiting and now that your sister seems to be on the brink of mastering the potty, I need some new material!

No comments:

Post a Comment