Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Norah News: Swimming Lessons

Norah has been taking swimming lessons for the past month or so - it's been great!  A school bus picks them up at school, takes them to a local place with an outdoor pool.  They have a swim lesson, a snack and get to play on some of the many indoor and outdoor climbers.  All reports have been good so far, and Norah is almost as excited about riding the bus as she is about swimming lessons.  We've seen an increase in her confidence and independence in the water that I am sure is at least in part due to the lessons.
Last week was the half-way point, and I thought I'd stop by and take a look at how things were going, take a few pictures of the blog and so on.  Needless to say, it wasn't my greatest idea ever.  Here is the sum total of the pictures I took:
... and it wasn't because I got wet or otherwise overly involved in the lesson.  Norah refused to participate, and barely got in the water for the whole class.  In fairness, it was the first time that it was overcast and cool, but still.  I was really disappointed that I didn't get to see her doing her thing, but I know the display was for my benefit - and the teachers confirmed that usually she is a willing participant.
Overall I guess it's best that I don't go to watch.  It feels a little strange, that Norah goes somewhere without one of us,every week, but I guess it's just one of the many steps to Independence.

No comments:

Post a Comment