Saturday, October 27, 2012

Adventure Chronicles: Expanding our Horizons Close to Home

With Hurricane Sandy threatening to cancel Halloween again this year, we had a lot outside work to do to get prepared.  By we, I really mean Matt, and I did my best to keep the kids out of the way for a couple of hours.  The kids and I often head to Grassy Pond, a nearby conservation area, but we're starting to outgrow the half mile trail.  A half mile or so further down the road is a much larger area, known as East Boston Camps that includes 3 or 4 miles of trails, and a beautiful pond.  You've seen pictures before, as I spent a lot of time here walking during both of my maternity leaves.

I had planned to push us for a bit longer walk, but Rod has a diaper rash and wasn't much in the mood for walking, so I adjusted my plan and we ended up spending some time at the side of the pond.  We very literally did not see another soul during the hour or more we spent there.  I think the pictures speak for themselves!








No comments:

Post a Comment