Saturday, October 13, 2012

Roddie Report: Potty Progress and Aspirations for the Future

Back when Norah was a baby, before I had the blog, I though I'd never forget anything she said or did... and while there are many things I'd like to forget she said or did, there are many many more things I wish I could remember, from both kids.  It's been a strange year for the blog, I changed jobs twice this year and it really just didn't leave much for blogging... however, now that I've been at the second job almost as long as the first, I've been feeling a little more bloggy and hope to capture some more of their finer moments.  SO here are a couple of Roddie highlights...
  • He's a peeing machine!  He sits on the potty and pees on command 5 or 6 times pretty much every day now.  He hasn't mastered the art of 'not peeing' so we don't have many dry diapers, but one thing at a time!  He's only 26 months, so we have plenty of time.
  • He told me last night he wants to be an astronaut when he grows up.  OK, maybe not in those exact words, but as Norah was explaining a picture of a space shuttle to us, he pointed to it and said, me, in there, me big... which I interpreted as he wanted to ride in a space shuttle when he grows up, ergo, astronaut!
  • I've been catching him singing to himself a lot lately - he doesn't care for an audience, and stops when he knows you're watching, but it's adorable.. la, la, la... occasionally snippets of ABC's...
  • He's really coming along with talking, putting words and phrases together to get his message across.  Some of the words still aren't all that clear, but I can usually tell what he is saying/
  • We got a harmonica at a yard sale last weekend, and as strange as it sounds, Roddie's not bad at it
  • Last but not least, he's becoming a master in the art of procrastination at bed time - blankets, milk, music, toys, books, you name it.  We're wise to him though, and going through the painful process of regaining control.. again

No comments:

Post a Comment