Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

As I posted last month, my cup runneth over!

It's hard to remember sometimes when the few times I get to turn on the news, it's doom and gloom... stores going out of business, more people losing jobs, more companies needing bailouts... then there are the closer to home things like trying to find time to buy Christmas presents, write cards, get a tree, and just generally be festive. I usually LOVE the holidays, and LOVE choosing just the right gift but this year, so far at least, it's just getting me down.

Some might say that the holiday spirit doesn't really move them until after Thanksgiving, and I'm hoping that will be true for me too! After all, I do have very much to be thankful for, very much to celebrate! I can't wait to take Norah to see Santa, to see her eyes light up as she tries to figure out what the Xmas tree is all about. I am putting money on her having a blast playing with the paper and boxes this year, and looking forward to hanging out with her in our jammies all day on Christmas!

Hmm I'm feeling a little more festive already! Thanksgiving isn't until tomorrow, but maybe putting my thoughts on virtual paper was all it took!

Happy Thanksgiving!

PS I'd be remiss if I didn't mention that we're headed to Matt's family for some turkey tomorrow... should be quite the scene - 29 adults and 9 kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment