Tuesday, November 18, 2008

The sweetest kiss

Periodically I end up giving Norah a bottle in the semi darkness of her bedroom... sometimes before a nap or bed, or early in the morning. A couple of times this past week she did what may very well be the sweetest thing ever!

When she's finished with her bottle, she usually likes to put her head on my (or Matt's) shoulder, even if it's not time for sleeping. These times, she put her head on my shoulder, and then lifted it up again, and looked me square in the eyes, very close. In the semi darkness I wasn't sure at first if she was upset, or still hungry or what. But she smiled at me and leaned in and pressed her little lips against mine, then smiled up at me again.

It's almost impossible to describe how that simple gesture made me feel, but if my heart could actually explode, I think it would have then!

As long as she keeps her kisses for me (well, OK, and Matt too) and not those boys at school....

No comments:

Post a Comment