Wednesday, January 14, 2009

How to find time: Don't shower!


It's been a while since I posted about my ongoing quest for balance. This week, I had a breakthrough! If I skip showering, I get back anywhere between 15 and 20 minutes per day! Whoo hoo!
Now, you might be thinking to yourself, "uhm, Shauna, you kinda need to shower, ideally pretty much every day" And while I appreciate your concern for my cleanliness, I have that figured out too! I just do it later in the day.
So, by now you are probably wondering what the heck I am talking about... well, I've started running again, on the treadmill in the gym at my office. So far so good, I've made it three times, and the run felt good. (albeit a bit short and a lot slow) So instead of showering before work, only to go to work and shower again a few hours later after I run, if I just skip it in the morning, I get that time back -- it's like something from nothing!
So, what do I do with this extra time? Well, on the day I first figured this out, I slept the extra 20 minutes :) Next step - using my 'free time' more productively!

No comments:

Post a Comment