Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Aunt Zie!

Editors Note: This post is specifically intended to lure Auntie EEEEEEE! to visit Norah


The week before my sister Susan and her husband Joseph-Michael came to visit, I was trying to get Norah to say "Susan" and "Joseph-Michael" Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of luck with the "Joseph-Michael" (though I did get some funny looks from her) I did however, have some luck with Susan, or more specifically, "Susie". (For those of you who've only known Susan as a grown up, she was widely known as Susie as a kid, and I'd venture to say, she'd still get called Susie back in Cape Breton!)

The whole weekend they were here, I'd try to get Norah to say "Zie!", her version of Susie. Of course, she didn't do it until shortly before they left, but at least she did it!

Yesterday, Norah was looking at Susan and JM's wedding picture. I said, "Norah who is that?" "Zie!" she answered. I asked her to bring me over the picture, and we repeated this amazing feat! I then pointed at JM and asked, "Who's that?" I got that same funny look back.

Then, I said, "Norah give Aunt Zie kisses" She leaned in and kissed the picture.... mmwwah!

No comments:

Post a Comment