Friday, April 17, 2009

Mama News: I belong in the 'burbs

I know I've already posted two little stories for you all today, but I just have to add this one.

Today I went into Boston to do some immigration stuff today. I left at 11, for a 1:00 appointment, just in case. Naturally, everything went smoothly and I found myself downtown with an hour to kill. I took a look at the Rose Kennedy Greenway (nice!) and marvelled at all the changes around North Station since the Big Dig has been wrapping up. I did a little shopping for shoes (but who are all these people shopping in the middle of the day???) I saw a big space where once there was a building in downtown crossing, tourists checking their maps in Faneuil Hall, and street vendors and musicians all over.

Well, I didn't find any shoes, and the Immigration appointment was blissfully short and efficient. Most importantly, I couldn't wait to come back home to the burbs! The land of parking lots (no parallel parking!) no traffic, no dirty sidewalks (no sidewalks at all, in fact!), plenty of trees and space! I get it, why people live in the city, but it's not for me.

Go figure.

No comments:

Post a Comment