Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Norah News: Mom is ready

Norah has formally started her transition to the toddler room. This is a good thing, I am confident she is ready, and will really like being in with the 'Big Kids'. The question is, will I?

I probably didn't admit it, but I will now - I bawled like a baby the first couple of times I dropped her off across the hall! I generally drop her off in the infants room, and they take the "February girls" across the hall to the toddler room sometime around 9:30. Apparently Norah was having a little trouble with the transition, so one of the teachers suggested I drop her off directly the following morning.

I did, and Norah was fine, but for some reason, I could barely hold it together to get out to the car and then the tears started. Pretty much just as bad as when she first went to daycare. I am excited for her, and proud of her, but what was this emotion? I could not identify it. On some level maybe I could chalk it up to the stress Matt and I have both been under at work? Maybe I was overtired, since the hours I have available to do extra work are nights and weekends.

Whatever the reason, I am very happy to report that today I am ready. There were only 5 month olds in the infant room when we arrived, so I took Norah across to the toddlers. She took off before I even had time to take her coat off! She came back, of course, to show me a toy, and then she was gone again!

Of course I peeked in the window to watch her, as I often do, but it was with a confident smile in the realization that I am quickly becoming mother to a little girl, and not a baby. Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment