Friday, April 17, 2009

Martinis and Neat Freaks

Neat Freaks First

Norah seems to like everything in it's place. I took her PJ's off in the bathroom this morning when I was cleaning her up, and she was almost desperate to get out and put them in her hamper! Then, she dug around in the diaper bag until she found the ziplock bag of graham crackers she knew were in there somewhere. After I gave her a small piece, I took the bag back into my living room where my morning cuppa joe was waiting for me. She followed me back in, and then insisted I give her back the bag'o'snacks. I gave it to her, and then watched while she took it back to her room, where the diaper bag was, put it back inside the diaper bag, and - get this - closed the flap back over. No idea where she gets this tendency, but I like it

Martinis and other girlie drinks next

Matt and I have recognized that while I love Norah more than anything (except possibly him, it's a tight race) I occasionally need a break. Most days, I get up with her, feed, clean, dress and play with her, then off to daycare, to work for me, where I mostly try to leave on time in order not to miss a single minute of our precious evening family time, then Matt and I have a little time to eat, see each other, pay bills, tidy up, fold laundry or what have you before we head to bed and it all starts over again. Whew! But in addition to that, being that I am the mom, I also keep track of her diaper supply, pooping schedule, eating habits, paying daycare, schedule etc. And frankly, sometimes it's exhausting!

Earlier this winter I had tried a "Yoga for New Moms" class, that met once a week, and it was great. Good to have a regular commitment, it was not quite exercise, but close enough, and it was very relaxing. So I went looking for another class, but wasn't able to find something that fit schedule wise. So I asked my new friend Heather (also a new Mom, newer than me even!) if she had any ideas... she suggested martinis. We went last night, and it was great - so good to get out without the diaper bag or the laptop, and chat with someone who gets where you're at.

We all need a friend like who thinks like that!

No comments:

Post a Comment