Thursday, May 20, 2010

Change of Schedule

Usually, Matt leaves around 5:30-6:00 am, I get up and showered before Norah wakes up. Sometimes I get a bunch of stuff done before I hear her, sometimes I hear her stir and jump out of bed and get showered before she's ready to get up. It's a system that works.

This morning, Matt left on the early side, and I was planning to work from home, so was going to get up on the late side - hey, I'm pregnant, I'll take all the sleep I can get these days - not to mention I am going to have to stay up until 11 for the season finale of Grey's Anatomy tonight... but I digress...

As I was saying, this morning Matt left early and I was snoozing hard when I heard her stir, but rather than jumping out of bed, I rolled over. That was a mistake. At 5:50, which is very early for Norah, she was calling out to me "mommy, Mommy, MOMMEEEEEE!" I knew I was sunk. Despite evidence to the contrary, I went in and tried to convince her it was still "sleeping time" but she called me on it "No Mommy, get UP!" Damn sun...I'm generally a little uncomfortable all the time these days and there is nothing I hate more than missing a morning shower... so I tried a new approach, which worked out even better than expected!

I said "Norah, Mommy needs to take a shower, do you want to come into the bathroom with me?" She said "yes!" and literally jumped out of bed! Better than that, she walked in to the bathroom and picked up her fish book (some fishing supply catalogue of Matt's) and then backed up to the potty, took off her diaper and proceeded to do her business - and I'm not talking about shopping for fishing poles. This was especially great because she's been very difficult lately for that first morning diaper change and not showing ANY interest in an early morning potty!

So it turns out we had a great morning, lots of time together, got dinner started, read some books, picked up around the house and still left for daycare and work a little early... the only down side is that the Sandal Saga of 2010 has begun, but more on that another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment