Monday, May 24, 2010

Monday Mornings...

Well we are getting really close with the final house specs and drawings, and Matt's been working really hard on them, but as happens, life get in the way sometimes. On the up side we got to know a couple of sets of neighbours a little better, looked after some sketchy trees in the way- back yard, went to a birthday party, and Norah and I had some quality time with such activities as the ABC puzzle, counting acorns, planting a flower and playing the drums on a flower pot with all kinds of random sticks! We also managed to replace our grill (that's our BBQ for those of you North of the 49th parallel) which literally melted last week! In any case, last night I was pretty uncomfortable and tired and went to bed more or less as soon as Norah did, while Matt continued to burn the midnight oil.

All of that to say, I was expecting a rough morning today, being as it's Monday and all. Instead, here's what I got:
Now, I ask you, how can you possibly have a bad start to your week when this is what you get before 8am on Monday?? As I mentioned previously, Norah's been into all manner of princess and girlie things lately, and this morning decided she was going to wear a purple costume to school. What you can't see is the tutu underneath that was her first offer in our negotiation about what she could wear! Needless to say, I know better than she does what's in her closet at the moment, so I was able to pull this flouncy little number out which seemed to satisfy her inner diva when paired with her 'diamond shoes' which are just as sparkly but a little more practical than the play shoes above.
I'm optimistic that it's going to be a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment