Thursday, May 27, 2010

How Do You Feel?

Let me tell you people, I feel PREGNANT.

I feel like this is one of the most common questions I've been asked a lot recently, and honestly, I'm not sure how to answer it. Or frankly, I'm not sure if you really want my honest answer! I'm uncomfortable, I'm tired, my belly has been in the way for a month already and I'm not able to walk as long or as far as I want, nor am I able to carry Norah as much as I want. But I'm happy, and Brudder appears to be healthy, so I'm not complaining. (Well, I am, but those complaints are minor in the big scheme of things...)

It's amazing how different two pregnancies can be, but in a way, maybe it's not. Before we conceived Norah, we were (comparatively) foot loose and fancy free - spending weekends hiking, evenings at the gym or going for a run. I was also in a funky place work wise, where I wasn't very busy, and spent a lot of time working from the sofa - and certainly it wasn't stressful, except the wondering if I'd have a job or a fat compensation package.

This time around, work is not only busy, and occasionally very stressful. I need to not only keep up the pace for all my work between now and August, but also need to do as much of my September to December work as I can before I go. We've 'hiked' a little, but nothing like before, and work-out? What's that? Between Matt's commute and Norah's needs, it's hard to find time to do laundry, let alone get to a gym before bedtime!

I'm also carrying a lot different, lower, and all belly. I looked at a picture of myself at 26 weeks with Norah, and while my belly was much rounder and protruded less, I was generally bigger all around. So, it's not my imagination, my belly IS getting in the way earlier! I asked the doctor about how much harder things feel physically this time at my appointment yesterday - she smiled kindly as she told me she hears that a lot, but it's no reason for concern.

So yesterday, as the temps and the humidity neared 100 and I waddled down to the lake for a swim, I thought "Boy, it's going to be a long summer" But you know what? I may as well get used to it, because I don't want Brudder showing up before he's due - may as get used to this pregnant feeling!

No comments:

Post a Comment