Saturday, November 3, 2012

Adventure Chronicles: 2012 Vacation First Stop Hopewell Rocks

In my single days, I rarely drove to Nova Scotia.  Flying was a lot cheaper back then, and there was only one of me.  Pre-kids, Matt and started driving, doing the whole trip in a single day.  We were younger then, and we've come to accept that traveling with two adults is a lot more efficient than 2 adults and 2 kids. This time around we took 2 days to get there, and 2 days to get back.  On the way up we stopped overnight in Sussex, NB.  The kids were asleep when we arrived at the hotel well after midnight.  Norah trasitiioned easily into the hotel bed, but to say Roddie was wired is an understatement.  He was bouncing around the room saying "hotel, hotel, hotel"  We ended up splitting up and each sleeping with one kid - and I had Roddie.  

After a long time, he finally settled into sleep.  Some time in the middle of the night I hear "mom, mom.. mommy, help"  I tried to ignore him, thinking he was just amped up from the trip, but he wouldn't let up.  So I opened my eyes and rolled over, only to find him standing at the side of the bed - unable to get back in on his own.  Now, what I'd like to know is how and why he got out, and what he was up to in the mean time???    Was he cruising around the hotel or just our room?

The next day, we spent  a couple of hours at Hopewell Rocks - site of the highest tides in the world. We have actually toyed with stopping there on the way home several times, but finally scheduled it into our plans this trip.  It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed the diversion and sunshine, despite the hours of driving left that day!
Can you see Norah and I?  Matt and Roddie took this picture from the stairs
 


Requisite Family Self Portrait on the mud flats

Norah at the Rocks 
Roddie scoping out the mud

The mud, the star of the day

Reflective Roddie

No comments:

Post a Comment