Saturday, November 3, 2012

Roddie Report: Me Sittin' Here

No pictures today, just a funny story... as you may know, Roddie is really starting to talk these days, and starting to string thoughts together.  He's also flirting with right and wrong, as well as the time honored little-brother tradition of annoying his sister.  Mostly I try to stay out of it and let them work it out, unless of course one hits the other - that I don't stand for.

So, the other night, Norah was styling her hair in the mirror in the hall after tubby time, and for some reason, Rod thought he would walk up to her and give her a shove.  Matt saw him and immediately grabbed him and sat him on our equivalent of a time out chair.  I didn't see the whole thing, but I had a pretty good idea about what had transpired.  I said down next to Roddie and asked him why he was sitting there.  He looked at me, with a forlorn expression and said "Me sittin' here, on chair.  Me walk down there and push Nene"  I said, "oh, I see buddy.  Why did you hit Norah? "  To which he replied again "Me sittin' here, on chair.  Me walk down there and push Nene" this time, he wouldn't really look at me.

He was so adorable, I just wanted to smother him with hugs and kisses, which of course would not be the thing to do... so I got up and let him sit on his own for a few minutes.  I think he didn't really know why he hit her in the first place, but he did clearly get the idea that is was not the thing to do.  Mission accomplished.

No comments:

Post a Comment