Sunday, November 11, 2012

Norah News: Skating Lessons

Growing up, I am pretty sure we were on skates the first winter we could walk.  I have fond memories of my dad taking us skating at Wentworth park, family parties at Jack's Cove in Mira, school skate-a-thons and skating parties... skating was simply part of growing up in Cape Breton!  My parents skate a lot and have been talking it up with Norah for quite some time.  We thought about lessons for her last year, but the timing just didn't seem right.  This year, we're signed up, she's significantly more co-ordinated, and the timing worked great.  
Today was the first class, and I'm happy to report, Norah did GREAT!  She's in a class with 3 and 4 year olds, making her one of the oldest kids in the class.  I think the confidence this provides is really good for her and she seemed to have a blast out there on the ice!  I look forward to seeing her continue to enjoy skating, and getting out there with her on my own skates soon!
Here she is before the lesson started, a little nervous, but happy

Lining up with her classmates

A little dry-land training before hitting the ice

Dad and Rod, watching the proceedings from the stands

Checking out the ice

CHECK IT OUT - looks who's standing up!
She even made a new friend!

Moving from sitting to standing..

Doing it on her own!

Chatting with her friend

Ta-dah!  Look at me!
All done, skating back on her own!  Yahoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment