Thursday, November 8, 2012

Roddie Report: Snow and I love you

Two funny Roddie stories for today... We had our first snow last night.  There wasn't a lot of accumulation, but there was a nice white coating on everything.  Roddie was excited to see it when he looked out the window, but that all changed when we went outside.  He was frozen, so to speak, on the spot.  Turns out, he was totally overwhelmed by the expanse of white.  He was clinging to my leg, and nothing was going to get him to walk to the car.  Norah and I both tried to get him to touch some snow, to no avail.  I eventually realized what was going on and said "Buddy, are you afraid of the snow?" to which he replied, teary eyed, with a big lip, "yeah Mommy"  Upon further thought, I realized he really didn't see any snow last year, as we really didn't have any, past the October storm

The second story was this evening.  I take a Zumba class on Thursdays, and I leave around 7:00, so just before Matt starts the bed time routine.  Roddie and Norah were working on something at their table in the corner and as I was leaving Roddie called out, "Mommy, I love you" as clear as day.  My heart melted, Matt and I gave each other big grins, and off I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment