Sunday, September 14, 2008

My Husband's Mistress

For those of you who are local, you probably have received an
email from me over the summer, telling you that I was a "Shed Widow"... meaning Matt was planning to work on the shed, and Norah and I were looking for something to do or someone to visit!

We'll I am here to tell you, the shed is done! Well, it's as done as the kitchen, the deck, and most every project in our house - "Substantially Complete" in construction terms that I learned from Matt.

Matt did it all himself (even somehow raising the ridge beam) without a bit of help! He designed it to be just what he wanted, including suntuff polycarbonate roofing to let in the sunlight, the bunks, er I mean shelves inside for all the tools, the doors, and even how to re-use the windows that used to be in our dining room! I am really proud of him, even if I complained about his 'mistress' once in a while!


Here is a picture of my hunk, looking his finest... this was this past weekend, I think he had just taken a walk out to visit with his shed between teaching Norah about football and taking out the compost!

Of course the shed project led to another project, as projects around our house always seem to... this past weekend Matt and my Dad got to work moving the old shed (the Red Shed) off to the corner of the yard. Each project brings the yard closer to it's potential that Matt saw when we bought the house, and more and more we can envision Norah and her buddies running around out there.

See, even the shed is all about Norah!

No comments:

Post a Comment