Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Thanksgiving: My cup runneth over!

Despite the number of blog posts I write about days that are rough, there are plenty of days that are not. In fact, there are plenty of days I have a spring in my step just thinking about how fortunate I am in so many ways!

Thanksgiving is coming up this weekend (in Canada!) so maybe that is why I'm writing about it, but just so you know, I do think about it often. I'm thankful for little things, like the thermos on our coffee maker, and my new fleece gym pants. (Today I didn't get to have coffee until about 2 hours after I made it, and it was a little cool out this morning, so I am loving the new pants.)

I'm also thankful for the big things, like Matt and Norah. (for those of you who know the joke, no, I am not calling Matt fat) That she arrived to us healthy and brings a lot of joy to us daily. That he loves me unconditionally and I know without question we're in this together.

I'm thankful for some more practical things, like having a house we can afford, and a job with such flexibility, being able to still afford gas and other things we need without losing sleep at night.

I'm thankful for so many great people in my life. Friends, family, neighbours, co-workers - if you're reading this, I am probably thankful for you (and I probably haven't seen nearly enough of you in the past 7 months or so!) I know I am blessed with special people all across the board.

So over the next few days, even if you are not in Canada, I encourage you to take a few minutes to say give thanks -nothing wrong with giving thanks any 'ol day of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment